Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rumsfeld´s Behaviour on 9/11

Rumsfeld´s Behaviour on 9/11 05 Aug 2009 18:30 #215

• stefanlebkon
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
"We still don't have a full accounting of Rumsfeld's whereabouts and knowledge on the morning of 9-11," Gorelick acknowledged after the commission's final public hearing. "We don't have answers to the questions that you're asking. But I'm going to make sure it's nailed down," she promised. Yet the final published report offers no further details on Rumsfeld's inactions or the reason he was "out of the loop" (as the secretary himself put it) that morning.

The National Military Command Center (NMCC) inside the Pentagon was the nerve center of the military's response to the attacks on 9-11. But the lead military officer that day, Brigadier General Montague Winfield, told the commission that the center had been leaderless."For 30 minutes we couldn't find [Secretary Rumsfeld]." Where was Rumsfeld on 9-11? I put the question to the commission's vice chair, Lee Hamilton, following the release of the report the commissioners call "the definitive account of 9-11."

"We investigated very carefully Mr. Rumsfeld's actions," said Hamilton. "He was having breakfast with Congressional leaders, and they hear a plane has hit the Pentagon, and he runs out."

"He had to have been told before the Pentagon was hit that two trade centers were hit and the country was under attack," I suggested.

Was the commission comfortable with the fact that the country's Secretary of Defense was not in the chain of command or present in the Pentagon's command center until all four suicide hijacked planes were down?

"I'm not going to answer that question," said Hamilton, and turned away.

whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/rumsfeld911.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: Red Dwarf, Sitting-Bull
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds